ER 2019: ER 2019 - 38th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling
VeranstaltungsortSalvador, Bahia, Brazil
The International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER) is the leading international forum for presenting and discussing current research on conceptual modeling. The topics of interest span the entire spectrum of conceptual modeling including research and practice in areas such: theories of concepts underlying conceptual modeling, methods and tools for developing and communicating conceptual models, techniques for transforming conceptual models into effective implementations, and the impact of conceptual modeling techniques on databases, business strategies and information systems development.
** Conference Venue
The 38th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2019) will occurs in Salvador, the capital of the state of Bahia, in the Northeast region of Brazil, in the period of November 4-7, 2019. Salvador was the first capital of Brazil and is the 3rd largest city in the country. It is a very attractive tourist destination, due to its history, culture and gastronomy, all strongly influenced by the first African slaves and the Portuguese culture. It has 25 km of urban beaches and several not-to-miss historic venues, like Pelourinho, Farol da Barra, Ilha de Itaparica, historical churches, museums, and Candomble centers. It is also close to other touristic destinations in Bahia, like Morro de São Paulo, Praia do Forte and Boipeba with very beautiful beaches and natural swimming pools.
The region time zone is the same as Brazil's capital, Brasilia, which is three hours behind GMT. The climate is classified as temperate, with an average annual temperature varying between 23C (73F) and 30C (86F), with relative humidity ranging around 65-75%. Night temperatures usually drop to around 18C (65F).
The conference venue is the Hotel Mercure Rio Vermelho, a wonderful, paradise-like location, central and close to several social and gastronomic places in the bohemian neighborhood of Rio Vermelho.
** Target audience and the scope
We solicit submission of original research, as well as experience and vision papers, from both researchers and practitioners, welcoming any topic where conceptual modeling is a major theme. We specifically encourage submissions on the application and role of conceptual modeling techniques in new and emerging areas such as large data repositories for business intelligence, cloud computing and NoSQL databases.
Specific examples of topics of interest include, but are not limited to, conceptual modeling as applied to:
- Foundations and Concept Formalization
- Domain Specific Conceptual Modeling Languages, Methods and Frameworks
- Methodologies and Tools for Conceptual Design
- Data Warehousing, Data Mining, Business Intelligence and Analytics
- NoSQL and NewSQL Databases
- Big Data
- Semantic Web, Cloud Computing, and Web Information Systems
- Ontological and Cognitive Foundations for Conceptual Modeling
- Quality and Metrics of Conceptual Models
- Patterns and Reuse
- Data Semantics and Integrity Constraints
- Interleaving Modeling and Development
- Integration of Conceptual Models and Database Schemas
- Schema Evolution and Management of Database Constraints
- Metadata and Applications
- Spatial, Temporal, and Multimedia Aspects in Conceptual Models
- Semi-structured Data and XML
- Empirical Studies of Conceptual Modeling
- Requirements Engineering
- Reverse Engineering and Round Trip Engineering
- Information Retrieval, Filtering, Classification, Summarization, and Visualization
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Advanced and Cross-Disciplinary Applications of Conceptual Models
- Enterprise Business Models, Enterprise Architectures and Service-Oriented Architectures
- Business Process Modeling
- Industry 4.0, Factory of the Future and Internet of Things
- Applications to Bioinformatics, Ambient Assistance, Cyber Security, and Privacy
- Role of Conceptual Modeling in Social Networks, Mobile Computing, Deep Learning, Internet of Objects, Serious Games and Pedagogical Models, etc.
** Submission Deadlines
- Abstract submission: April 7,2019
- Paper submission: April 14, 2019