IFIP will be hosting the “IFIP 60th Anniversary Future of Information Processing Series” of 10 virtual events for the IFIP 60th Anniversary. The virtual events will be free and open to the public, and will take place between August and December 2021. We are seeking proposals that debate and discuss issues at the intersection of technology and the information society.
We encourage proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Relevance of proposed topics: Actuality and connection to the main theme of IFIP’s jubilee year; Representation of IFIP’s work and relevance towards IFIP’s strategic goals; Balance between technical depth and economical, societal, ethical relevance;
- Intended expertise on the panel: Proposal for proven experts in the thematic field of the talk; Diversity of the panel (international, gender & age); Proposal for Moderation of the panel;
- Overall picture of event series: Diversity and topicality of IFIP’s work
Platforms and support for organizing and hosting your event will be provided.
Please submit your proposals through the web form prior to June 14th 2021 (12:00 pm CET). The important dates are:
- June 14th: Deadline for the Call for Proposals
- June 21st: Announcement of ten events
- August 30st: Start of the event series
- December 6th: End of the event series
Attached you find some further information on the concept, timing and selection criteria for the virtual events in the presentation https://nextcloud.gi.de/s/TxoAeXB7et9FjRY