W3 - Professorship of Human-Computer Interaction
- Universität Regensburg
- Commencing on March 6, 2020 , we have a faculty of informatics (or computer science) and data science at the Universität Regensburg. Finally, a gap has been filled which had existed since the fourth state university of Bavaria was founded over 50 years ago. Our goal is to establish a faculty of informatics and data science with internationally visible research and study programs. Additionally, we intend to expand in the field of artificial intelligence. The new faculty has been endowed with substantial funding by the state of Bavaria. Newly appointed scholars will find attractive opportunities to personally shape their professional environment.
- Website der Organisation
- Besetzung ab
- As soon as possible
- The newly-established Faculty of Informatics and Data Science invites applications for a Professorship of Human-Computer Interaction grade W3 (chair)
The position is tenured (Beamtenverhältnis auf Lebenszeit) and can be filled as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be expected to represent, both in research and teaching, the subject human-computer interaction. Intelligent systems and interaction technology increase the diversity of man machine interfaces. Possible topics include cognitive and formal models of human-computer interaction, user experience, data-driven and intelligent procedures for designing sociotechnical systems, the use of intelligent systems to assist older people, the use of brain-computer interfaces in basic medical research and the visualization of complex processes and data in digital factories to shape the digital environment responsibly with humans at the center.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to shape the new faculty and contribute to the development of the new bachelor and master degree programs in informatics and data science. Interdisciplinary cooperation with colleagues from other faculties is desired.
Involvement in the university's academic self-governance and in teaching is a prerequisite. Teaching duties include, in particular, basic courses in human-computer interaction in the university's informatics programs.
Prerequisites for taking up the position are, alongside the general conditions from public sector employment law, a completed university degree, pedagogic suitability, particular aptitude for academic work, generally shown by a doctoral degree, and further academic performance shown via a habilitation or equivalent which may have been performed outside higher educational institutions or as part of the duties of a junior professor.
Universität Regensburg is particularly committed to reconciling family and working life (for more information, see http://www.uni-regensburg.de/chancengleichheit). To fulfill the equality directive and increase the number of female professors, we explicitly encourage applications from qualified women.
In case of essentially similar suitability, applicants with severe disabilities will be preferentially selected.
The prerequisites for appointment under civil servant law are based on the provisions of the Bavarian Public Service Code (BayBG) and the Bavarian University Staff Act (BayHSchPG). Please note the age limit specified in Art. 10 Para. 3 BayHSchPG.
Applications containing the normal documents (resume, certificates, list of publications with copies of up to five papers) should be submitted, solely in digital form (PDF format, in a single file)
by 31 October 2020
to the chair of the founding committee, Vice-president Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Korber,
Universität Regensburg, D-93040 Regensburg, email: email@example.com
Information on data protection can be found at https://www.uni-regensburg.de/datenschutz/.
- Informatics and Data Science
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Faculty of Informatics and Data Science
- Beamtenverhältnis auf Lebenszeit
nur per E-Mail