Software Engineer Routing, Location and Navigation Services
- Heidelberg Institute for Geoinformation Technology (HeiGIT)
- Forschungseinrichtung, StartUp, Universität
- In order to promote technology transfer and applied research in the area of Geoinformatics, the Heidelberg Institute for Geoinformation Technology (HeiGIT http://www.heigit.org) is currently being established with the support of the Klaus-Tschira Foundation. In the future this endeavor is to be continued in the future as an independent institute. To this end we are looking for a motivated Software Engineer in the field of Routing, Location and Navigation Services (Java Backend). Depending on your experience the tasks are related to at least one of the following areas outlined below.
- Website der Organisation
- Besetzung ab
- You genuinely enjoy developing Open Source Geoinformation Services used by thousands on a daily basis? You are a highly motivated Java Backend Developer? And you love using and enhancing OpenStreetMap for real world applications? Then we actually might have a suitable and interesting job for you.
Route Planning, Smart Mobility and Navigation Intelligence
· Development and design of innovative routing services, algorithms and extensions for the well-known open source project http://OpenRouteService.org (Java)
· Extension of the services infrastructure of various location-bas.ed services (LBS) using user-generated geodata, especially OpenStreetMap.
· Development of methods and GI web services, especially for the analysis and data enrichment of heterogeneous geodata e.g. from the Social Web, OpenStreetMap, etc., especially in the domain of routing, traffic and navigation etc.
We offer an attractive position in an interdisciplinary dynamic team in a highly dynamic and growing market. HeiGIT is and will be related closely to the Department of Geoinformatics, which is member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR) and the Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE). We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment with many personal development opportunities.
We expect a highly motivated backend developer with experience in Java and an above-average university degree in one of the subjects such as Geoinformatics, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics or similar.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and for administrative reasons initially limited to end of June 2019 - with the option of sustainable extension. Please send application documents (CV, certificates, references, etc.) as soon as possible (Oct. 2017) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ps. see also our post for the postion in “Business and Innovation Development - Navigation Intelligence” at HeiGIT.
- Geoinformatik / Big Data Analytics / Routing
- Geoinformation Technology
- zunächst TVL
nur per E-Mail