W3 - Professorship of Data Security and Cryptography
- Universität Regensburg
- Commencing on March 6, 2020 , we have a faculty of informatics (or computer science) and data science at the Universität Regensburg. Finally, a gap has been filled which had existed since the fourth state university of Bavaria was founded over 50 years ago. Our goal is to establish a faculty of informatics and data science with internationally visible research and study programs. Additionally, we intend to expand in the field of artificial intelligence. The new faculty has been endowed with substantial funding by the state of Bavaria. Newly appointed scholars will find attractive opportunities to personally shape their professional environment
- Website der Organisation
- Besetzung ab
- As soon as possible
- The newly-established Faculty of Informatics and Data Science invites applications for a Professorship of Data Security and Cryptography grade W3 (chair)
The position is tenured (Beamtenverhältnis auf Lebenszeit) and can be filled as soon as possible.
The successful candidate's research should address current problems in the design, implementation, formal analysis and evaluation of cryptosystems. Topics include, but are not restricted to, cryptographic methods such as zero-knowledge proofs, anonymous credentials, oblivious transfer, homomorphic encryption and post-quantum cryptography in innovative domains such as data networks with constrained resources, cloud computing and data sharing. The chair should collaborate with colleagues in the fields of distributed systems, AI (machine learning methods) in IT security and theoretical informatics, and contribute to the design of secure systems.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to shape the new faculty and contribute to the development of the new bachelor and master degree programs in informatics and data science. Interdisciplinary cooperation with colleagues from other faculties is desired.
Involvement in the university's academic self-governance and in teaching is a prerequisite. Teaching duties include, in particular, basic courses in data security and cryptographic methods.
Prerequisites for taking up the position are, alongside the general conditions from public sector employment law, a completed university degree, pedagogic suitability, particular aptitude for academic work, generally shown by a doctoral degree, and further academic performance shown via a habilitation or equivalent which may have been performed outside higher educational institutions or as part of the duties of a junior professor.
Universität Regensburg is particularly committed to reconciling family and working life (for more information, see http://www.uni-regensburg.de/chancengleichheit). To fulfill the equality directive and increase the number of female professors, we explicitly encourage applications from qualified women.
In case of essentially similar suitability, applicants with severe disabilities will be preferentially selected.
The prerequisites for appointment under civil servant law are based on the provisions of the Bavarian Public Service Code (BayBG) and the Bavarian University Staff Act (BayHSchPG). Please note the age limit specified in Art. 10 Para. 3 BayHSchPG.
Applications containing the normal documents (resume, certificates, list of publications with copies of up to five papers) should be submitted, solely in digital form (PDF format, in a single file)
by 31 October 2020
to the chair of the founding committee, Vice-president Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Korber,
Universität Regensburg, D-93040 Regensburg, email: email@example.com
Information on data protection can be found at https://www.uni-regensburg.de/datenschutz/.
- Informatics and Data Science
- Data Security and Cryptography
- Faculty of Informatics and Data Science
- Beamtenverhältnis auf Lebenszeit
nur per E-Mail
Die Veröffentlichung von Stellenanzeigen ist ein kostenloser Service der GI.