Junior Researcher / PhD Student
- Brandenburg University of Technology
- Besetzung ab
- ab sofort
- Our chair performs research and teaching in the area of IT Security with a strong focus on Network Security and Online Privacy. Our goal is to advance the state of the art in research and to educate qualified computer scientists in the area of IT Security who are able to meet the challenges of the growing demand on securing IT Systems and provide data protection in various areas of our life and society. More information about us can be found at https://www.b-tu.de/en/fg-it-sicherheit.
* Active research in the area of intrusion detection systems (IDS) for critical infrastructures, secure cyber-physical systems, and artificial intelligence / machine learning for traffic analysis
* Implementation and evaluation of new algorithms and methods
* Cooperation and knowledge transfer with industrial partners
* Publication of scientific results
* Assistance with teaching
The employment takes place with the goal of doctoral graduation (obtaining a PhD degree).
* Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related disciplines
* Strong interest in IT security and/or networking and distributed systems
* Knowledge of at least one programming language (C++, Java, etc.) and one scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.) or strong willingness to quickly learn new programming languages
* Linux/Unix skills
* Knowledge of data mining, machine learning, statistics and result visualization concepts is of advantage
* Excellent working knowledge of English; German is of advantage
* Excellent communication skills
For more information about the vacant position please contact Prof. A. Panchenko (E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, and identity. The BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg strives for a balanced gender relation in all employee groups. Applicants with disabilities will be given preferential treatment if they are equally qualified.
Applications containing the following documents:
* A detailed Curriculum Vitae
* Transcript of records from your Master studies
* An electronic version of your Master thesis, if possible
should be sent in a single PDF file as soon as possible at email@example.com.
- ab sofort
- E 13 TV-L
nur per E-Mail
Die Veröffentlichung von Stellenanzeigen ist ein kostenloser Service der GI.