Installation Engineers and Technicians
- Applied Materials ist Weltmarktführer für Spezialanlagen und Fertigungsverfahren für Halbleitertechnik, Elektronik und Display Technologie. 21.000 Mitarbeiter arbeiten weltweit in Forschung & Entwicklung, Fertigung, Vertrieb und Service für unseren Erfolg.
- Website der Organisation
- Besetzung ab
- Applied Materials is the leader in semiconductor materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future.
The iteam is part of the service organization and stands for the installation of semiconductors tools globally but predominantly across the European Region. We roll in, assemble, connect, and test the new systems until we hand over to our service team and our customers for the manufacturing of wafers to kick off.
Being part of the Install Task Force is more than a job, it is a way of life. As a team we travel approx .80 % of our working time, and also get opportunities to support installations worldwide.
We are looking for Service Engineers and Technicians to join us in Dresden and Munich, Germany.
This position demands a high degree of technical expertise, customer focus, team involvement and flexibility to travel internationally to different locations in Europe, US and Asia.
Full training on our equipment will be provided, however knowledge and prior
experience of semiconductor equipment (such as CVD/CMP/EPI/Implant tool) would be a distinct advantage.
• Perform independently tool installation tasks, including trouble-shooting in case of issues.
• Responds to fab issues by communicating with other engineers and participating in escalation conference calls.
• Participate in projects to reduce installation costs and installation cycle time.
• Follows all checklists and procedures and ensures correct procedures and schematics are available prior to performing work.
• Test equipment with assistance from senior engineers, existing documentation and diagnostic techniques
• Provide accurate reporting of status, hours worked and non-conformances.
• Travel globally to customer sites worldwide but predominantly Europe
• Participate in continuous improvement projects
• Follow all AMAT and customer safety and IP rules
Skills and Experience required:
• A technical background as Technician or Engineer (in mechatronics, electronics,
electrical , mechanical or similar )
• Some experience or knowledge with Applied Materials CVD/CMP/EPI tools would be an advantage but not required.
• Trouble-shooting skills to solve mechanical and electrical issues during system
• Good English communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate daily pass-downs and equipment status reports
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Understands how assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others
• Project management skills to control installation project within budget, timeline and installation quality requirements
• Good Knowledge of the MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
• The position requires extensive travelling throughout Europe and worldwide (80% of the time, depending on overall activity requirements)
What Applied Materials can offer:
• Competitive Salary and Benefits including; Bonus, Pension, Share Schemes, Overtime Compensation, Fitness Membership card.
• Relocation Support within Germany will be provided
• Individual and comprehensive international training program;
• On the job training, as well as many learning and development opportunities, through online and classroom courses;
• Opportunity to travel and train with industry experts across the Global Applied Materials team.
Education: Associate's Degree
Years of Experience: 2 - 4 Years
Travel: Yes, 75% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Electro- and Mechanical Engineering
- Please apply preferably via the URL-link of the position/Bitte bewerben Sie sich möglicherweise via die URL-Link von der Position:
Buchenstaße 16 b
Please apply preferably via the URL-link of the position/Bitte bewerben Sie sich möglicherweise via die URL-Link von der Position:
online oder per E-Mail
Die Veröffentlichung von Stellenanzeigen ist ein kostenloser Service der GI.